Hi! Today I just felt like stopping in and saying hello. I have a few random links and thoughts and figured I should just share it all at once because why not?
1. Today I went to the botanical gardens for the first time. I was pretty pumped when I found out it is free for San Francisco residents and I now have a checkbook that I can use as proof that I live here. So yes, I have become a local that does touristy things, but this garden is 7 minute walk from my house so obviously its going to be my new hangout spot.
2. Speaking of the botanical gardens, they have a succulent garden that is just the best. I'm going to be bold and say that succulents just might be the best plant family (is that the right term?) out there. It was kind of crazy to see how huge succulents can get. Walking through the succulents felt like a cross between being in Jurassic Park and in a realistic Dr. Seuss world. I dare you to find a better combination then that!
3. I've found a few cool artists recently. You should check them out. Watch this video, so calming. Check out this woman's dog photography. (Jordyn, that one is for you!) Check out her wet dog series too, I kind of love it. Lastly, check out this paper art. It is beautiful and intricate and I have so much respect for the creation of these pieces. I'm adding this here because I'd definitely consider this a piece of art, but I'd like to see this movie. I love the ballet.
4. Hugs are wonderful. Never underestimate how nice it feels to be hugged. I think we should all try and give them out a little bit more.
5. I can't say that I would use this toothpaste, but for my whiskey loving friends, you may have appreciated it. I think Poynter Products was a little ahead of its time.
6. The other day I found a coffee table on the side of the road is awesome condition so I carried it back to my house and it has become my new baby. It is my latest project, as I've decided to paint the top inspired by bohemian patterns. I'm really excited to see how it turns out and I will of course share the finished product with all of you.
7. Oh, I've also been working on this. We'll see where it goes.
8. Once I post this, I am walking over to the grocery store to buy some coconut so I can make coconut almond butter. Yes, it will be as good as it sounds.
9. I've been loving my current book right now and I'm thinking when I get done I'm going to write up a little post about the past few books I've read. Maybe do a little recap, review, or just my personal suggestions so if you are interested be on the lookout for that.
10. I'm making this. Its not on the top of my to do list, but someday this will be in my house. Gotta admit, mine will probably be filled with books instead of shoes but I think it is a wonderful shelving idea. Just hoping I stumble across a wooden ladder on the side of the road in great condition...
11. I start a new job on Friday! Ahhhhhh!
12. In case you didn't know Donnie Darko was taken off of Netflix instant queue. That was an unfortunate discovery the other night. If you are wondering, I ended up watching Goodwill Hunting. No, I hadn't seen it before. Yes, it was pretty good. Matt Damon is beautiful. That is all.
Hope you had a wonderful Tuesday! Talk to you soon!